Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sneezy, Grumpy, and Dopey

We left home at 7:00am yesterday, met Jerry and Tammie along with Elizabeth and Carroll (Tammie’s parents) in Greeneville. They followed us as Carolyn drove to the airport in Knoxville which is about two hours from our house. We missed two turns even with the GPS; it did not tell us to turn off until we were whizzing by the exit. I don’t like the Tom-Tom GPS as well as I did my antique Garmin. We did get to see a lot of Knoxville via backstreets as the machine guided us back to the straight and narrow.  The airport has been newly remodeled and is very nice. It is small compared to big-city airports, having only 10 gates, but it is busy enough with mostly commuter and connecting flights to Atlanta and Charlotte. Due to some kind of foul-up, Keegan had to lay over six hours in Atlanta, but overall, his arrival was only an hour later than planned. It was an exciting moment to see his plane land and then see him come around a corner toward the lobby. When he finally saw us his face split into the grin we have been missing for all these months. He and his dad rode back to Greeneville with us, and we stopped at the restaurant where he worked up until the day he left for basic. His friends were as excited to see him as were his family. We took him to his mom’s house and he stayed there overnight and Carolyn and I finally got home about 4:30pm, both of us dead tired.
---
Be well, little Libby.
----
Have a Thursday, my friends.
----



4 comments:

Tammy said...

such a lovely thing for you to be able to see him come home. have a good visit. I get teary eyed when I see servicemen/women come home at the airport and I don't even know them. Hope your weekend is filled with love.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.
We will have a party for both our grandson's Saturday evening. Hope not many fights breakout. :-)

Tammy said...

good luck. I'm not in my happy place this week. Sorry I've not been commenting much. although I am still mulling over your "urine stream blog." Can't you just sit down to alleviate any mess and alarm when you pee in 5 streams? The boys in my house do and I am graetful for it. Perhaps you have a bi-valved urethra? or 2 holes at the end of your dooder (my pet name for the male part).
Hank Jr is a big disappointment I'll agree and he wishes he could be as cool as Waylon or Willie.
good luck w/ the weekend. I'll be the young ones hang together thinking that the older ones are too boring or uncool to understand the fast paced life they live. I see that at our family gatherings sometimes.
except for you of course. you are very cool. xoxo Tamatha

Anonymous said...

Well, I tried to answer your comment but Blogger again ate it as I tried to publish it!!! I wish they would get this crap fixed. I will copy this one before I save it!
Hope you soon get your crisis resolved. The crows need your guidance.
You have well trained men; I hadn't thought about sitting down to pee! :-)
Like Snoopy, I am Joe Cool! ;-)
Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive