Thursday, September 23, 2010

Old and New

NEW BLOG SITE

I will attempt ot post a photoless copy of my blog here for awhile.
----

Well, here goes my first attempt at blogging on this version of Loose laces. I hope any of you who read the old one and  decided to come with me will find the transition to be smooth. I will say this; WordPress is a difficult blogger platform to customize because it is not as user friendly as was Blogspot. There is no option here to have comment notifications sent to an email address, therefore I must manually come here and look for them. That means I may be tardy in answering or even that I might miss some; if I do miss one, I will apologize beforehand and say for sure it wasn’t on purpose.
There is a chance this will not work to our advantage; and if it does not work for all of us, I will revert to Blogspot. I feel all of us are in this together; the whole may be greater than the sum of its parts, but I feel each of you is a part of my life and I want to keep it that way.
—-
The new Communist Chinese made coffee pot was the household sensation yesterday, at least until Carolyn came back from the salon sporting clean and well burnished feet with toenails painted candy-apple red with glitter and small Halloween ghosts painted on her big toe nails. A coat of clear lacquer was applied for protection. Sounds like she visited an auto-body repair shop instead of a beauty saloon; I say saloon instead of salon because women seem to get some kind of inebriated buzz or “high” from the things which go on in such places.
—-
Have a Thursday!




Powered by ScribeFire.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken
I left you two comments on your new site, either took.
Alice

Anonymous said...

So small thing (painted toenails), and it makes woman so happy. It's charming; isn't it.:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.
They are there. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is, Jola. She was very happy with the nails and having her feet scrapped, brushed, and massaged.
Thanks for stopping by. :-)

Tammy said...

I TOLD YOU!!! Now you are in big trouble Mister. A weekly pedicure does a gal good. Painted Halloween treats on the toes ! Oh My. I usually save that treat for Xmas w/ my daughter but I may have to run over to the local Asian nail salon and get a ghost painted on my toes too... Love that woman of yours.

I posted several comments on Maggie's site and they didn't go through, aggravating.

I'm off work today and my mom is coming over. We are going dress shopping for my brother's wedding. I'll be glad to see her but it is tough shopping with her. She is pretty picky at shopping and I'm quick as lightening. Its a battle for my patience.

so I've watched the crows follow Millie around the yard with such intent that I had to spend some time watching as well. She buries the p-nuts I give her and those blast crows follow behind her and dig them up. Can you believe that? ARe you sick of my squirrel stories yet?

have a lovely Friday my dear friend. I'm off to the GYN to have my hormones evaluated. But I could easily have Mike do that for me for free I suppose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Shucks, I don't really care if she has them done each week IF she can afford it.

I think Maggie is taking some time away from her computer; I haven't seen her here or on Megashot lately.

I hate shopping with a slow shopper; Carolyn takes forever to buy something simple; she has to look at everything. I shop mostly by net.

Keep the squirrel stories coming; I can probably relate to most of them. We've had a few crows dig up peanuts, but the worst culprits are blue jays which are related to crows. I've actually seen jays time their thievery so that they can take a peanut on first bounce and even out of the squirrels mouth as she is tucking it away. As long as you keep feeding, your Millie will be ok; they don't remember where the bury them anyway.

Hormones are troublesome things; as you age there are too many or not enough. Hope all is ok.

Have a good Friday yourself, Tammy. Give Mike some rest! :-)

Blog Archive