Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Communication

Carolyn is working on a bid to clean a funeral home; I told her at her age, it may be good to get a foot in the door and become accustomed to the place. I suppose you can guess what she told me.
----
Looks like document spell checkers will soon be obsolete for everyday non-business communications. With the booming popularity of texting and seeing as it has its own version of the English language which for the most part I cannot read, what good is a spell checker? Parallel with texting is instant messaging which uses texting "words" along with misspelled regular words, bad punctuation, and a lot of gibberish. Well, excuse my old fogy ways but I learned to write an evolved form of the English language and not a revolutionized bunch of virtual ink spittle. I have nothing against texting and IM'ing ... as long as no one expects me to do it or try to read theirs. In other words, Phooey! Ok, I'm just jealous of you young whipper-snappers, but my thought train just does not ride on the instant communication gratification tracks.
----
Got the blood work done and made a couple of photos with the Droid camera; haven't checked them yet. Verizon released the latest version of the Android OS last week. I downloaded it yesterday and had a few problems to begin with but they seem to be gone. The camera now has an on-screen shutter release to go along with the mechanical one. Overall, it seems to be a reasonably faster OS than was the version 2.1.
----
Yesterday would have been my mother's 91st birthday ...
----
Have a swell, gee-whizz Tuesday!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, what about WordPress. Has it fulfilled your expectations? Are you glad of your new web site? What about your old "loose laces". You wrote here so many beautiful stories and posted so many your photos.
Anyway, I like your both blogs, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wordpress has some things I like better and some that I don't like as much as Blogger. It took me a long time to get used to Blogger but what I learned here has made the transition easier. I will keep the Blogger Loose Laces; some people who only visit on occasion will expect it to be here and it is not much problem copying and pasting from the new one via ScribeFire editor that I use. This Loose Laces has too many memories for me to abandon. :-)

Thanks, Jola. :-)

Tammy said...

Who needs to spell? Who even owns a dictionary any more?
I wonder if Carolyn threw a shoe at you with your "funeral home comment." very funny.
Happy B-day to your mamma bird. I'm sure you have some of her traits even though your granddam raised you.
I wish I could have gotten a photo of the crow for you to see. My camera is busted right now and I am considering using my diswasher rebate money to buy a Nikon... one of those little purse models that I can keep with me at all times for such moments. I'm no photo taker... too impatient (I understand why Mark always says ABC. always bring camera, though).
My father has turned up in my life again, asking for money. The woman (I'll use that term very loosely) he lives with is very patronizing to me and I don't like her. She wants him out and he can't hardly care for himself. Had a foot removed 4 months ago from the diabetes. sigh. I hate being his daughter. Now I have to think about him and what I'll do. Wish me luck.
It is only Tuesday I think, rainy here and I only saw Mille once before the rains started. Her eye is growing worse w/ redness and infection. Not sure how much longer she has. Be well my friend and keep smiling.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was a more a project; my mom was always there when she wasn't working, but I did spend most of the daylight hours with my grandma and uncles. When I was about eight, I lived with my mom and dad permanently until I was grown.
Yep; I would love to see the crow in action. The little pocket cameras are handy and the ones on these new phones make very good pics most of the time.
I feel badly for you being in the situation with your dad, and I feel a bit badly for him because of the loss of his foot. Hope all works to the best for both of you. Sometimes, Daddy's are a trial.
I hope Millie gets better but it doesn't sound good for her.
To quote "The Crow", "It can't rain all the time".
Good luck, friend Tammy. :-)

Blog Archive