Saturday, April 03, 2010

Yellow dust from hell




Carolyn is again on warpath; critters have dined on her blooming blossoms. She talks a good fight, but the herbivores seem to always best her; her tulips will be next to succumb. We no longer try to cultivate my favorite irises because squirrels dig them up for their lunch; never had that problem anywhere but at our present address.
----
I am sneezing my fool head off! My nose itches and my eyes water and itch. I love porch sitting in early spring but the price of doing so is sometimes too much to bear. Even inside the house isn't a lot better; my non-suffering spouse insists on having an open window for "fresh spring air". What can I say; it is her house and she makes the payments. I make do with Claritin. Anyway, she has to remove the pollen dust from everything.
----
Very warm in Northeast Tennessee but the skies are cloudy, maybe a bit of rain will settle some of the pollen. Tomorrow is picnic day at Wilbur or Watauga Lake; a double dose of allergy pills and hope for the best. On this day one year ago we were in Cades Cove. This year, the Feds sure picked a bad time to close the loop road for repairs; should of made-do until high summer.
----
Have a super Saturday!
----
The Smoking Gun's
Mug Shots of the Week!
----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Claritine (a small box, 10 mg x 30 pills) saved my poor skin in Crete during my last summer holiday.
Have a great picnic, my friend. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

I didn't realize Claritin was for sun allergy. 10mg is what I take.
Thanks, my friend and have a especially wonderful Easter. :-)

Blog Archive