Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 update


I would love to have this as my
"ride around and shoot photos" truck

In case anyone from Corel Corp. reads this, I've found a serious bug with my copy of Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3. My lens has a pin cushion problem but I have always been able to correct it with PsP. The bug is not always present but is one that causes the program to semi-freeze with the "Move" hand sometimes displaying and not leaving after using the "Straighten Tool" and then using the "Pincushion Distortion Correction" tool. Even worse, it sometimes leaves a black space around the photo, particularly if I have the "Preserve central scale" box ticked. The program becomes unusable and has to be shutdown via Windows Task Manager. Even when restarted, the same fault is still there. I have found that by selecting the "Perspective Correction Tool" the program will at times begin acting normally. Other times I have to reboot the pc to return to normal operation. As I have to use pincushion correction on a lot of photos made with my everyday lens, it is a big problem. Save your work often! Rendering the photo of the Ford truck twice caused the failure while using the pincushion tool.
----
Here is a link to a FREE photo editing program which is turning into a pretty good one. I tried it a couple years ago and liked it and now it seems to have more features and many plugins. It is a Windows only app and if you want to get your feet wet in a reasonably easy to use but powerful and fast photo editor, I recommend giving it a try.
----
It is another beautiful mid-summer day in East Tennessee with temps to be in mid-eighties (30c). I've already popped a Claritin and am heading to the porch for my second helping of the day. I feel some better as much of the fluid has left my tissues and I can breathe semi-normally. I am feeling funky if not spunky.
----
I will write more later if any earth shattering things happen around here. I need to have a good rant about the coal mine murders in my second home-state of West Virginia. Maybe tomorrow.
----
Have a tantalizing Tuesday!
----

7 comments:

Tammy said...

hey spunky old guy, I'll call shotgun. come get me
Listening to BB King while I'm typing. the warm breeze is flowing through the house like magic. My birdies are getting a bath in my best soup bowls and tonight is dance night.
Life is good.
BB King can make any white girl want to get up and move. I was born in the wrong era.
breathe well

Anonymous said...

I love this truck. Does it still works?
Oh, my daughter posted the photo of her and Easter cake (taken by me) on Facebook; and today she says me that her friends from Facebook simply love this photo.
Ken ... it's my first success which I could achieve as an amateur photographer, I think.;-)

I wonder if my Tuesday was tantalizing. I was in office till 4pm, later I visited my dentist, and now (8 pm ) I’m at home. Is it a tantalizing day?

Be well, my friend.:-)

Anonymous said...

You are having a wonderful day. Blues are my favorite music; I like BB (Blues Boy) King, but I like Albert King better. SRV is my modern favorite.

Have some great dancing, Tammy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my question is wrong; it should be: Does it still work?

Sorry for my English mistakes.:-(

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

I don't know if the truck will run, but my guess is that it needs some work. It is either a 1948, 1949, or 1950 model.

It is a great photo as is the one of D. You caught very good light on your daughter and she was perfectly posed. I am happy for you getting good reviews on Facebook. You have made a lot of excellent photos, especially your landscapes. Yep, you are a real photographer! :-)

No, your Tuesday wasn't tantalizing at all, but have a wonderful Wednesday.

Thanks, my friend.

Mark said...

I'll check out the editing program. Its free and that sounds good to me.

The pollen is way out of control. Nothing like it was in Tampa.

That truck would be great to ride around in.

Anonymous said...

The photo editor is pretty easy to use.

Pollen is a blessing of living near the wooded mountains.

Blog Archive