Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday


Man, this has been a "nothing much happening" week in my world. Spring is wonderful and I've soaked a lot of sun but have accomplished very little. My eyes were out of whack with allergies yesterday so very little was done on the net until late in afternoon. Otherwise, everything seems in balance and I detest balance in my life; I need something to laugh about or to bitch about. A bit of good news today: Tammy's wrens have hatched and she and mom wren are all aflutter. I hope she gets some pics and will allow me to post one on this blog.
----
Obama is considering a "value added tax" (VAT) for just about everything you buy with your hard earned money. Only the middle class and the fixed-income people will be affected to any degree. The wealthy and the poor have the rest of us to pay for their part.
----
It is shot day again, so I suppose I will have to take a shower and do my thing. I had a shower last Friday, so I shouldn't be too dirty but I think my deodorant is wearing off. May as well get the hateful task over with!
----
My facundity¹ fails me, but you have a fain² Friday!
----
¹eloquence
²happy
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I love this word: 'Friday'. Besides, I like a lot good news today: Tammy's wrens have hatched! As for VAT, we all pay it as only communism had finished in my country in 1989 (22 per cent). This shower taken each Friday ... oh, lovely rhythm of your hygienic activity.;-))

Ken … and this light in your photo; it's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

I think Friday is somehow derived from Roman diety Venus who was the goddess of love.

Working Americans already pay up to 30% of their wages for Federal income tax, and in Tennessee we pay 9.5% sales tax and some states have their own income tax. We will be getting close to 50% taxation if VAT becomes law. Way too much!

Yes, I like to stay clean. ;-)

Thanks, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

Want to get mad. Just listen to all the baloney coming out of the crimminal lying mouth of Timothy Geithner. There is one of the person directly to blame for the whoe dam financial mess and he just lies about it all and nobody has the balls to really question him.

Otherwise it is the weekend and screw itall and stay happy. :)

Yeah, the VAT is a good idea, for somebody else.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at Geithner on Wikipedia and here is the first thing it says: "This article may be confusing or unclear to readers". I didn't need to read any more.

Have fun in the sun this weekend. :-)

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive