Monday, April 26, 2010

Ridin' along



Yesterday I had nothing planned as it was supposed to be a rainy, windy, and generally bad for shooting day. Jerry brought his mom a newspaper as he does on most Sunday mornings. The sun was shinning brightly so after Jerry left, Carolyn and I decided to get out of the house and see if we could find something to shoot. My first target wasn't suitable at that moment, so I figured it was going to be a day of lousy shooting. But, I did find a thing or two around the old Tweetsie RR station. The Salvation Army was giving out food to the needy and there was a very long line of people waiting. Those folks have enough problems so I didn't try to make any shots. I was shooting an old sign at the Shamrock and got lucky when a guy took a drink from his soda bottle just beneath the sign as I was ready to shoot. Carolyn had to make a pit stop, so I drove to McDonalds. We hadn't ate and she bought us a double cheeseburger; I ate mine but I wasn't enthusiastic about it. From there we drove over to Boone Lake and through the countryside. I spotted a pretty tree with white flowers standing all by itself at the edge of a plowed field and I got a shot of it. Carolyn decided she wanted to see if her cousin and her husband were at their "summer home" which is actually a fifth-wheel camper in a camp-park near the lake. They were home and we visited for awhile. Then it was back to downtown JC where I got a few more shots and by then we were both worn out so it was back home for us. I've spent most of this morning looking at Flickr photos and catching up on some commenting. On Megashot, I see that Cyrus has made and posted some more tutorials and I will try to link them here later on.
----
May your worsh water be extra wet! Happy Monday!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice Sunday, Ken. Carolyn is a good companion during your photographic trips.
I saw a photo of the tree with white flowers on Loose Moments. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, my friend.

I like when Carolyn drives, but she hardly will do so.

The flower tree is uploaded on Flickr but no one can see it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a good night, Jola. :-)

Mark said...

I spent the majority of yesterday watching the race at Talladega.

As usual at Talladega there was lots of close racing. In my opinion this is the best Nascar track for edge of your seat racing.

Glad you got out for the day.

Anonymous said...

I just can't get into the racing since they took the manufacturers completely out of the picture. Still nothing like the Saturday night fights at a local track.

I like the racing at Talladega; I've seen a lot of cars play airplane there.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive