Sunday, April 18, 2010

Still stinky




Got up this morning with intentions of going to Elizabethton to make a few shots and then back to Johnson City for more, but as soon as I went out I returned to the comfort of the computer and the bit of heat from the monitor; it was only thirty-three degrees F. So, here I am.
----
Yesterday we drove around some local farm country before I took Carolyn to clean two buildings and I made a couple of decent shots. The light was pretty good away from the sun and I got some pretty good sunshine opportunities. The above photo of the old church was made almost into the bright light. It is located near our house and I've photographed it many times over the years. As you can see, it is needing exterior maintenance where tree sap is ruining the paint.
----
I didn't go for my sporing bath Friday evening; Carolyn decided to wait until today to work and I didn't want her tagging along telling me I will catch my death of cold or pneumonia or some other sordid malady. I didn't want her to see me naked, either. She would have made a sackful of archaic remarks about certain parts of my anatomy and it takes the fun out of bare-butted strolling in the forest.
----
There is a guy running for county mayor here whom is spending oodles of money to try to get elected. Dan Eldredge is financially better off than most people whom will be voting and is probably looking to use the office as a springboard to the big time in state Republican circles. He is a "farmer" and real estate developer, so knows very little about the real world of working people, but money talks and his is screaming. He seems to have all the qualification$ of modern Republican$ and should represent his party well, if not the county's citizens. It will be interesting to keep an eye on him if he gets the job.
----
Have a Sunday!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

Sunday was good. Not as cold here. In the upper 40's yesterday morning.

Did some picture taking over the weekend. Need to upload them tonight.

Otherwise all quiet.

Anonymous said...

It got warm yesterday afternoon and I sunned a bit.

Carolyn spotted a couple of places for me to check out to shoot, but I didn't get off my butt.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive