Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday's boredom



Taxes are done and Carolyn is off to the post office with them. We ended up owing a substantial amount on form 1040 and to top that desecration Carolyn has to pay her quarterly 1040ES estimated taxes. I feel violated. To trump of all that, I have thelitis¹!

Kim—my Flickr contact—posted this quote on my tax photo: "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill
----
This forgetfulness that has overtaken my brain in these advanced years of aging is disconcerting as all get out. I am forgetting birthdays and anniversaries, appointments, and other things I once took for granted that would be remembered. I still recall dates and days that I memorized many years ago, but it is the things from the past two or three years that I cannot pull out of my head. Hell, in my family and among the friends I once had, I was famous for remembering important and many not so important occurrences. It is likely the onset of of short term memory loss where brain memory cells become like mirrors instead of sponges. Uh, what was I just writing about?
----
Cyrus seems to be pleased with the growth of Megashot as we are getting one and usually more new members each day. My friends John and Milly in England have joined us, and I hope to pick up a few more before the end of the month.
----
Writers seek solitude for their minds and company for their hearts. They seldom find either as both lie beyond veils of fluid awareness which are neither real or imagined. When both transcend the elusive for their instants of recognition, the quill is laid aside and the meaning of "I am" becomes a fleeting moment of exhilarating consciousness. ~BS
----
May your Thursday not be a torporific² day.
----
¹ thelitis n inflammation of the nipple
² torporific adj causing dullness or apathy


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be like this little bird in your photo.
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,
Give yourself time, young lady. Bluebirds are said to bring happiness so I will send him flying your way. You and Poland shall be fine, my friend.

Tammy said...

we will kiss his forehead before we sent him Jola.
my heart and thoughts are with you and your country.

Mark said...

Hi Jola, peace to you and fellow countryman.

You had too pay in. Fire the accountant. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my friends. Have very nice weekend.
xo

Anonymous said...

Mark, the damned accountant has a lifetime contract.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself, Jola.

Blog Archive