Monday, April 19, 2010

The new world order ...




Want to see Bush and Cheney's highly publicized and "successful" Iraq War "surge" at work? Mark posted this link to a video called Collateral Murder on his blog. Watch and listen to all of it as US troops seem to be enjoying the random killing of Iraqi civilians. No wonder the rest of the world hates us. Thanks, Mark.
----
Still dull times in my world; post-tax life is peaceful. Chris is moving again, she has been staying at a cousin's house for several months and her boyfriend and she have rented an apartment closer to her work. JJ is mowing yards for a lawn service company, Jerry is still kicking carpet, and all else is nominal. The house across the street where the college girls once lived is for sale and being painted. The ex-fashion model whom lives on the next block is walking her poodle dog along my street as she does twice each day. "Peaches", another young woman from the same street as the model rambled by earlier with her charges; she is a pet-sitter. A robin is singing from a nearby tree, and the morning temps remain chilly. I am bored silly and need something to arouse my curiosity; I feel not one bit magniloquent¹ this morn.
----
Have a wise worsh day!
----
¹magniloquent adj. speaking or expressing in a lofty or grandiose style; pompous; bombastic; boastful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, you are writing so nice about your children. You still feel responsible for them as their father. It moves me.
I think I know this video, but as you guess I wouldn’t like to comment it.
Previous week was so difficult for me and now I feel exhausted. I love mornings. I love birds singing in the morning. I love morning chilly air. I’m opening the window in my bedroom and for a short time I hear pleasant quietness in my heart.
I would like to say: life is good, and I can't.
xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

Just as a photograph or a paragraph needs to be balanced to be most attractive and meaningful, so does life. Morning quietness, family, and friends (virtual and real) will soon return the balance and joy of living to you. Hope, dream, breathe, and grow ...

Be well, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

It would be nice if we actually learned something from this. However we will not. This is the side of war that that is even uglier than one would want to imagine.

Anonymous said...

Obey orders and kill. We live in a video game world and it sounded like the shooters were having fun.

Anonymous said...

You are my wise friend. Thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

Not wise; just old. :-)
Thanks, Jola.

Maggie said...

Nice banner, nice community.

Sure am glad you can't climb up on those stumps any more. GAWD!!

Hey, is this going to appear on my "my space" now? or my MSN live... maybe on Buzz? or Facebook? OMG!!!
I'm gettin' outta town!

Have a great week end

:-X

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you and Jiri for getting the new community of to a fast and good start.

Yeah, my stumpin' days are past, I suppose. :-)

I tied it to Facebook just to see what happens but so far it has been nothing. I will probably undo it.

Thanks, Maggie and have fun in your out and about. Glad the "oil change" went well. :-)

Blog Archive