Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the name of science

Head banner for my new Megashot Community


There is a report in today's New Scientist blog concerning research that claims humans interbred with other species 60,000 years ago and again 45,000 years ago. In my younger years, I did extensive research along the same lines, testing the viability of breeding with certain other species. My test subjects were all domesticated animals such as a sheep, two cows, and a pony. However there was one exception; a girl in my eighth-grade English class whom was considered very wild and looked somewhat Neanderthalish. I personally bred with all these subjects on many occasions in a purely scientific fashion and found that none of the domesticated cases showed the slightest interest in what I was trying to do but the sheep did struggle a bit when I picked her up by her rear legs. The cows and pony all ate their food offering near a convenient stump on which I was able to stand and do my experiments in the name of science. My findings showed that not one of these subjects became impregnated by me, therefore I feel that interbreeding with other species should be done only for the mutual pleasure of each. As for my eighth-grade classmate, she suffered from poor body hygiene and lice crawled on various parts of her anatomy, but was willing and had been previously stump-broken. Even from this union of teenagers, not one embryo was produced as far as I know. Therefore, I must pooh-pooh the findings of these modern "scientists" who mess around with cells and genomes and rely on my own evidence from down and dirty research. None of these subjects were harmed by my experiments, and none could be considered as wallydrags*.
----
We are having some steady rains today which may put a dent in this mini-drought we are having. I hope it doesn't return to a drastic drought like we just exited.
----
Have a wet, wild, and wonderful Wednesday!
----
*wallydrag n. feeble or worthless person or animal
----

8 comments:

Tammy said...

my friend, you are not well.
Mercury is in retrograde and the universe is upsidedown.
I'm thinking baby wrens any day now. about 2 weeks would you say? She has pulled apart my coconut planters outside to line her nest but I don't mind.
Happy Wednesday back to you. We have clear skies until tomorrow I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy. That is the nicest thing anyone has said about me today, ;-)

Yep; two weeks is close, but a day or two past probably isn't uncommon. Have that camera ready!

Anonymous said...

My God, so poor animals, and so naughty boy.
And this girl who looked somewhat Neanderthalish!
Ken, this time your memories are ... hm ... strange.;-)

My Wednesday was dry, sunny and cold. xo

Anonymous said...

It is nice you think I'm strange. I think so, too. ;-)

Maybe Thursday will be better in Warsaw; it has been chilly here for a few days.

Thanks, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

Goats and sheep and cows, oh my.

We had rain yesterday and my pepper plants and lemon balm are quite happy.

Anonymous said...

My dandelions are loving the water.
Have a good day, Mark.

Anonymous said...

Ken ... yes, I smiled, however your sense of humor is a bit surreal.;-)
It's still cold in Warsaw. We like to call April 'petulant month'; and there is such nice rhyme:"kwiecień plecień, bo przeplata trochę zimy, trochę lata"

Oh, I like this community "old houses". I had an opportunity to view it yesterday.
Be well, my friend.

Anonymous said...

The world inside my head is surreal. :-)

It is nice here today, but a weekend of rain is coming. April is an unsettled month for weather here also but our saying is "April showers bring May flowers".

Thanks for the visit to Megashot's This Old House community. :-)

Thanks, Jola and I hope your cold is getting better. :-)

Blog Archive