Friday, April 09, 2010

Happy weekend!


A good starting point

Yesterday was very interesting for me so I will attempt to peak your indifference with torridly lukewarm details. The morning began with fasting for the lab work I was to have done. I got to the lab before 9:30 and handed the phlebotomist my papers and she sent me back to the "drawing" room. After awhile, she came in and said the order had the wrong Medicare code and we would have to wait until the doctor returned her call giving her an acceptable code. I was in dire straits wanting a cup of heavily sugared coffee. After a few minutes, she decided to go ahead and draw the blood and have the analysis done when the new code came in. I got out of there shortly after 10:00 and drove on to the RA doc's office for my shot; no parking places were to be found. Went home and got a cup of thrice-sugared Colombian along with an egg sandwich on toast and rode with Carolyn back to the bank and grocery store and again to the doc's office. She let me out at the front door and double-parked for the few minutes I was inside. Homeward bound at last, we drove by the abandoned National Guard Armory; it is about to be demolished in the Holy name of Progress and I wanted a few parting shots of the building. I made my pics including the one above which I thought was a bit droll. Finally back to the house with renewed vim and vigor I was ready to fight the good fight with the tax forms. I loaded my tax program and again put off working on them until Carolyn left for her work at 5:00pm. I've still got a full day's figuring to do. I may work some more today or I may wait until Sunday; it is supposed to be another beautiful weekend. Don't advise me what to do because I may heed your words and be in deep trouble with my uncle ... I know where you live!
----
This Saturday's "S" word: Saprostomous adj. - having foul breath; putrid mouth.
----
The Smoking Gun's
Mug Shots of the Week!
Glad you got your NC DL, Mark; No. 4 got busted for driving without a valid license and they done painted his whiskers pink! I like No. 7's 'do. I think No. 13 is an old bud of mine; is that you Jim-dog?.
----
Have a wonderful S word day!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

Sounds like a fun day of frustation.

Good ole 7's hairdo is special.

Anonymous said...

Some days ...

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive