Saturday, April 24, 2010

Loose moments


 Great news! Yesterday I got my shot! My life has become so dull that a bit of pain and inconvenience are about all I have to talk about. I wanted to go to the mountains this weekend because the trilliums and native iris should be in bloom. Right now the light is good for tripod work in the woods—high overcast but fairly bright sky—but the man is saying we will soon be having heavy thunderstorms and high winds. Up a mountain hollow with seven bridges to cross is not the best place to be during a possible flash flood on the creek. Several years ago, some folk had to abandon their cars when a sudden downpour washed out some of the bridges. I don't know how they eventually got their vehicles back to the main road; it was three years before the bridges were replaced. Even a downed tree could cause problems for the lame and infirm such as my ungainly self.
----
I started another blog (groaning allowed), and I hope to keep it a bit "quieter" than this one. It hopefully will reflect more of me as a person instead of this mixed dose of literary castor oil you are presently reading. I will continue Loose Laces as my daily blog at least for awhile. Loose Moments will not be about politics, no disparaging of religions, and no mugshots of the week. The page layout is not yet what I want, but I do have a small banner in place and my dedication words to you, my friends.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mug Shots of the Week!
----
Have a great Saturday!
----


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your creative nature, Ken. Please tell me, my friend, which blog should I read now.
I like both of them. Both of them are your world. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not so creative as you may think. I have four blogs and am thinking about making another. None are very good but somewhere inside the sum of them you may find me. Maybe I am looking for myself and maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I am but cosmic dust.

You should read as you wish, my friend. :-)

Thanks, Jola.

Tammy said...

How can a person love someone whom they have never met? You have become a loved person to me dear Ken..friend of the birds and the squirrels, someone who can find beauty in a lovely yellow flower weed, and strange poet to me. I'll follow your other blog but alas I am not creative or a poet and can only find those inner moments ticking when I am stoned.

As soon as I find a way to photo the babies I'll ask how I can give you the photo to post. I have been using a flashlight and my camera but have come up with nothing yet. She only leaves for moments at a time and I am consumed with her patterns of mothering. How fun the wren news has reached Poland to my other loved friend.
Saturdays are for slowing down and melting.
xoxo Tamatha, the Butterfly Wren Mother Goddess of the South.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

When I was stoned, it helped me to see clearly in more ways than the unstoned can ever imagine. But that particular state of mind was never conducive to writing down my conjectures. That was one of the good things about the buzz; there was always "later".

As the babies get bigger, mom will be away more and hunting to feed them. If you can post to your Flickr account, I can probably grab the photo from there. Or you can email it to me. My Yahoo email is on my Flickr profile. Whatever is convenient for you.

I like your extended title. :-)

Be well, my friend.

Blog Archive