Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter shots


In a JC artist's shop/studio


My hope is that all of you had a great Easter. Carolyn spent Saturday with my two little cousins whom have adopted her as their "grandmother"; she is their "Ganny Carolyn". They went shopping, spent some very good time at the park, and then back to their house to color Easter eggs. She was supposed to return to them yesterday for egg hiding, but she and I stayed out until evening. We intended to picnic yesterday, but got a late start so I drove back to Wilbur and Watauga Lake where there was very little going on. I wound up driving back roads until my knee told me it needed more room than what is provided under the steering wheel of the Escape. The Escape is a nice little SUV, but it does not have enough leg room on the driver's side for long-legged me. Anyway, Carolyn took over and I was happy. It is much easier to spot photo ops when I don't have to concentrate on missing the other roadway crazies. We drove back to downtown JC and found a few interesting things to shoot. I was in no mood for walking around on the sore knee, so every photo I made yesterday was from the Escape, save the last one where all I had to do was step out on the sidewalk. I want to go back when light is better and I can walk a bit easier. The weather was wonderful; sunshine so very warm and the trees do not yet have full leaves; the building shadows downtown provided a bit of relief.
----
I wonder why Good Friday or Easter has not been made an official holiday in the US?
----
Well, it is back to serious stuff; I have 10 days to finish our income tax and it is less than half done. Phooey!
----
Is it just me or has blogger gone to being slow or inaccessible over the past few days? I am bound and determined to get this fine blog published this morning!
----
Have a wonderful wash day!
----

6 comments:

Tammy said...

This is a humerous photo. What a strange sense of humor this artist has.
Thanks for the wren research Ken. I noticed the eggs are in a different position than this morning so I think she did come back at least to rearrange them. I keep checking every half hour or so and am hoping the info you found comes to pass. I'll have to resist the urge to interfere too much and to make a pest of myself. Ms. Wren must know what she is doing. If all goes well I promise you a photo, even if it a poorly taken one!
thanks friend!

Anonymous said...

There are some strange artists in the my town. :-)

I imagine the eggs are ok; Nature usually knows what to do to see that life goes on. Hope you do get a chance to make some photos.

Thanks for the update on the new family.

Mark said...

Easter was nice. The weather was perfect. Was up in the mountains

I like that picture.

Blogger is fine for me.

Anonymous said...

Good weekend for mountain exploring; hope you got some good shots.

Blogger is erratic for me.

Thanks, Mark

Tammy said...

Tuesday a.m: Mamma wren returned to the nest! She is stitting and warming like any good mamma does. I am overjoyed.

Anonymous said...

That is great, Tammy. Hopefully in about 14 days you will see some ugly little babies that will fledge in about another 14 days. You are so fortunate. :-)

Blog Archive