Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bearing it


Who first beholds the light of day In Spring's
sweet flowery month of May And wears an
Emerald all her life, Shall be a loved and
happy wife.
~Unknown

Been an unusual Sunday morning; I didn't sleep well but I stayed in bed until past 10:00am. My son Jerry came by and we did a resume for him which took some time. He is a flooring installer but his knees and shoulders are going bad so he is looking to get back into manufacturing and quality control supervision.
----
Carolyn and Vicky have to go out and make up the jobs they missed Friday night. JJ sleeps all day so I will be having an afternoon basically to myself. It is a lovely blue-sky day and the temps are supposed to go above freezing. I will sit in front of the tv for a bit and watch the Lady Vols beat South Carolina in basketball.
----
I need a dose of a couple of weeks warm weather. I crave sunshine on my face and bare legs, but it will probably be March before such happens. I also need a bath, or rather, I need to get to the creek and get naked and frolic in the woods. One of those evenings I will probably frolic right upon a bear—or worse—a female forest ranger. The most the bear can do is eat me, but the lady ranger will laugh me to shame and take me to jail. I can see the headlines now "Ranger Saves Bare Man from Bear"; I think I'd rather be bruin's lunch.
----
Mark must have pulled through!
----
Have a happy Sunday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it something wrong with the word "bewitched" (I read Tammy's comment on the movie Avatar). Oh, maybe I should use another one, if I want to express my admiration...

This bath in the creek is intriguing; a bit pagan. I like it.

I miss a spring too. So much!

Anonymous said...

Bewitched is a perfectly good word to describe a special feeling of wonderment.

A bit pagan for the bath, and lot hillbilly. :-)

Thanks, Jola, :-)

Tammy said...

Sorry for any misunderstanding... I love the word bewitched. I just don't hear it enough! It is enchanting to me like bubbles, glitter, feathers, and whisper. fun words

bath in the creek sounds cold!

Anonymous said...

Tammy, you and Ken, and Mark, and Maggie - you are my teachers of English. 'Enchant' is rather new word for me. I like to learn new words and phrases: to be enchanted by sth, enchanter, enchanting (person, smile), enchantingly (sing, smile, dance), enchantment, enchantress. Oh, a whole family of words!
And I could read everything in my Polish-English/ English-Polish dictionary. It's really good dictionary (2 books). But you - my friends, you cause that what I want to study it.

Thanks a lot for everything.Thanks for your friendship.:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the emotionally descriptive words, and English seems to have so many.

We call the cold water "refreshing". It once refreshed my dad into double pneumonia. :-)

Thanks, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Your English is much better than what you may think, and I bet you do not have to use the translating dictionary very often.

English is confusing for people who've spoken it all their lives. I like "bewitched" and also "beguiled".

Anything pertaining to word usage you metamorphosize from me will mostly be fallacious. I'm always lapsing into colloquial dialect when I verbalize and even whence I indite by quill or by keyboard.

Wow! That hurt my ears just to write it. English is confusing! ;-)))

Thanks, Jola. :-)

Tammy said...

Holy crow Ken, I can speak the language and hardly can decipher that sentence!, poor Jola.
And we haven't introduced her too much to swear words yet either.

How nice to have friends on the other side of the planet.

Anonymous said...

I've not yet used too many of my favorite "colorful" English words and phrases for Jola's entertainment. Many years ago when I worked around the Pittsburgh, Penn. area, I actually learned a few Polish swear words, but have long since forgotten them. I hope Jola doesn't know all of those words.

I used to have a Flickr buddy in Kyoto, and he tried to teach me some Japanese swear words. Talk about tongue twisters.

Thanks, Tammy. :-)

Blog Archive