Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pat Robertson again farts through his mouth




I was wondering what caused such a massive earthquake in Haiti. Pat Robertson told his millions of dedicated and sophisticated tv show viewers that the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere got what it deserved from God because God does not like them. If his god is guilty of such a pitiful disaster—killing, maiming, and leaving uncounted thousands of souls—including children—homeless, hungry, and destitute—then his god is absolutely Satanic. Of course those people are mostly black and speak French, so everyone knows those two things automatically make them devil worshipers. No wonder I stay pissed at organized religion. Shame on you Pat Robertson and your wealthy Christian Broadcasting Network. Amen.
----
Nations around the world are pledging hundreds of millions of dollars to help Haiti. If they had been helping with that nation's infrastructure building all along, the devastation would probably not be near as bad. Oh; I forgot! They really are black people and speak French, and they have no oil reserves.
----
Anyone besides Maggie and I getting spam comments on their blog? I hope Google will soon take a cue from Wordpress and realize they can put a spam filter in place. My Wordpress blog filters out the spam but I can take a look at it and decide if I want to allow the comments.
----
Speaking of the Brasstacks blog, did anyone whom read the Ascending story notice that the protagonist may also be a ghost throughout the story. "On the fifth night after Julia's funeral, I realized I wasn't the sole-being now occupying our house." It is possible Joe Alex died that night and the remainder of the tale is related by his surviving spirit. There is at least one other thing that hints he could be a ghost: When he sees the the girl close up he askingly accuses her, "You're a ghost". She replies, "If you wish. We are what we are, Joe Alex". I like subtle plot twists and turns.

The only part of the story that is on Brasstacks now is an excerpt, but the entirety is still on Lord Bubbha.
----
Have a nice ... Thursday already?!



7 comments:

Tammy said...

Seriously, if Pat Roberts and the sheep who follow him beleive that they have an earned seat in heaven please reserve me a scalding hot rock in the firey pit of hell. If I were a spitting gal, I'd spit. Perhaps Pat Roberts should gather up some of his fans and get his ass down to Haiti to help clean up instead of pretending he is a the white answer to God (or Dog, as I like to reverse it).

On your story, yes I noted the twist, although I had to go back and read it 3 times before I got it or what I thought was it. Hard to tell because by the last time I read it I had drunk about a half bottle of wine and the story became something entire different after all. I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Thursday already yes. Don't blink or it will be June and I will be 42, sigh.

Haiti has been suffering for so long, perhaps there is a small silver lining to this horrible event. The world cannot ignore them right now, unless we want to go to heaven with Pat...

Lighted candles for the children of Haiti. my heart weeps.

Tammy said...

oh, and I adore the Dove photo.

Maggie said...

Yes, the dove is very cuddly and cute looking. Great detail in the feathers.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Haitian people. Somehow, I wish they could just all move to a place with a more foregiving climate. Why can't we give them their own country somewhere; like they did for Israel in what, 1947? Maybe in Pat Robertson's neighborhood.

I read that story several times too. I did catch a glimpse of the unknown. Just reading your post about it this morning had the hair standing up on my arms again. goose bumps. So, now you are writing in the Stephen King style? Its a good one! Can't wait to see that book. It will be available for purchase in your store, no doubt. Along with Aunt Gertrude's teeth. :-)

Thanks for the Welcome to the Future line... I really like that. You will probably be seeing more of it from the Playtime community.

The spam.. no we aren't the only ones. In fact from stuff I was reading awhile ago, I am one of the least bothered ones. And yes, people were asking for a filter like other places have. I don't know much about wordpress. I see that your other blog is there. I was thinking of giving it a go, once. Just to see how to do it. But ran out of time.

No wonder I run out of time... look at all this ..,

Anonymous said...

You are correct Tammy. It is pure racism on the part of Robertson and others. He is a personal friend of God, he claims.

Funny how a little wine toddy can change a person's perspective. ;-)

42? From what I could tell from the radio station video, you look much younger. Everyone under 50 reminds me of Cat Stevens's "Oh Very Young". :-)

Anonymous said...

Robertson had a phone # on the screen for people to pledge to Haiti. I wouldn't trust him one bit with the dough he collects.

The hell of it is I didn't know I was giving Joe Alex the opportunity to be a ghost until after I read the drafts several times. Some damn writer I am!

I like Wordpress, but overall I cannot say it is better than Google; just different.

Time flies when ... ;-)

Mark said...

Pat Robertson and his followers are fools. A good deal of the Christian right are racists.

Haiti's problems run so deep and have for so long it will be generations before they have anything close to a decent life. Between the French and then their own inept leaders the people have suffered far too long. This is an event that will either make or break the nation. They have been on the edge for many years.

Anonymous said...

It is a terrible way for the people in Haiti have attention drawn to them, but Robertson was correct in one way; maybe the world will now recognize such places exist. As you have said, many Africans are even worse off.

Blog Archive