Monday, February 01, 2010

Mondays are good ...


I would rather have thirty minutes of
wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ Shelby

We just received another tax document ... from last June. It is one from the county that I misplaced and now they are threatening to shut down Carolyn's business and seize assets. They demand it be filed by the 5th, and I shall attempt to do so. It is her business license tax and she already has one from the city. It is double taxation for small businesses, but it is the law. Damn, I wish Carolyn would get out of this lingering mess.
----
The Lady Vols beat South Carolina for the 38th consecutive time but it wasn't easy; they won it in the last minute and one-half. It may be their last win over USC for awhile as Carolina had a great recruiting class and it certainly showed; they will be very good next year. As is the case with a lot of her teams for the past 10 years, Pat Summit has a problem motivating her players; she could take some lessons from The University of Connecticut's head coach.
----
A note on the new style cameras I spoke of earlier. It seems as if some of them will not have viewfinders but will depend on the l.c.d. display for framing, focusing, etc. It may be ok for some, but I find the viewfinder indispensable for immersing myself in the scene to be photographed. I love my Canon S3's display, and the Pentax K200D has a good one, but it is difficult to see readouts in bright light.
----
Happy wash day!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, lack of the viewfinder is rather their weak point. You are right, my friend.

Happy worsh day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
You remembered! :-)

Mark said...

Geno does have a way of motivating his teams that many coaches could learn from. Maybe Pat has lost a little edge. I am sure coaching for so long can be draining.

I do not mind not having the viewfinder. However you are right about them being difficult to see. They also become worn overtime from cleaning them. The other issue I see is stability when you have a heavy lens on the camera. Holding the camera steady and looking at the display may cause camera shake. It will for me.

Time to sell the business or maybe if that can not happen sell the equipment through Craigslist and enjoy some time off.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.

Have you noticed that none of Pat's players have tatts showing? She says that tattoos are not for ladies. She misses out on a lot of great potential with that philosophy.

I like the viewfinder; it is much quicker and easier to frame the subject, and all the readings are easily viewable. The heavy lens thing is a problem with camera shake when holding it away from the body. The 4/3's lens will be mostly plastic and somewhat lighter than dslr units. :-)

Blog Archive