Friday, January 01, 2010

Bad beginning


The watchman

This year is starting out well! This is the third attempt I've made at writing this silly blog. I watched several old The Twilight Zone tv shows last evening and now I think I am living inside Rod Serling's mind. It took an hour just to get the last sentence put together, so I will quit while I am ahead.
----
The photo is one of my favorites but I have no idea why. My mind feels as empty as the chair.
----
More later ... possibly ... maybe ... ... ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched in tv movie "Shakespeare in love", and now I think I'm living in England in times of the Queen Elizabeth I. ;-)

The photo is really good. Texture?!
xo...

Anonymous said...

You could easily be Viola. :-)

The time of QE1 must have been exciting in England. I'd like to visit then, but I don't think I would fit well in the 1500's ;-)

Thanks, Jola.

Maggie said...

There is so much 'tension' in the photo. You don't know what is behind those dark doors... and you sitting on the chair with your back to them. Especially after watching those movies.... Yikes!
Also the photo is well framed and the whole thing is commposed wonderfully well.
check under the bed for things that go....... or don't go... You don't have a cat? what the hell was that?

Mark said...

It is a great shot. It could stand for the desolation of America in the world today. We are the the chair watching the world slowly pass us by as we wonder why.

Anonymous said...

I'm swearing off the Twilight Zone shows for awhile. No cats do I have. I posted a b/w of this on Flickr, but I like the subtle shades and colors here.
Thanks, Maggie. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.

That Discover card sign says a lot to back up what you say.

Blog Archive