Saturday, January 30, 2010

Forecasting


June

I wonder if weather forecasters get their training from stock brokers? Our weather event turned out to be an almost non-event, at least in respect to what was predicted. Most of our snowfall was on the ground by 11:00 last evening, and we now have less than 4" (10cm) around the hood. Streets are not near as bad as they could have been and traffic is moving. We are still having flurries, but nothing to cause concern at the present. I may have to go out and try to get Chris to work in Elizabethton.
----
I hope Mark over in Greensboro made it through ok; I haven't heard a peep from him this morning. I think the Carolinas got more snow than did we.
----
I would post a snow pic, but I am sick of of them of making them. A crocus coming through snow is very pretty, but that is a few weeks away yet.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mug Shots of the Week!
----
Have a safe Saturday.
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Avatar" by James Cameron is special. This film teaches us what 'harmonic life' and 'well developed society' really mean. Technology D3 is v. impressive. Excellent movie. I was just bewitched by its beauty.

I'm so tired with winter, all these heavy clothes and shoes. I love your June photos, my friend. Thanks for them so much.:-)

Tammy said...

Can't wait to see the movie Avatar. Don't you just love the word "bewitched?" its one of those special words you don't hear enough.

Glad to hear the weather folks were incorrect this time Ken. They'll probably get you when you least expect it though. We had rain/cold yesterday and today. I started in the garden but my heart wasn't in it. It is way more fun to be in the garden w/ barefeet and scantily clothed with a beer and some good music filtering out from the house. so... I'll be patient with my seedlings and grow light.

Hope all is well. Mark will give us word soon, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

I figured it would be a very good movie. Glad you liked it. I've seen the trailers on Youtube but not in 3D. I wonder if he is the same James Cameron we know on Flickr? ;-)))

I too have had enough winter; I need warm sunshine on my face and I darn sure need to go to the creek for a bath! :-)

Anonymous said...

I probably won't see Avatar until it comes out on DVD.

Your growing season is so long in FL that you have plenty of time, but I know how it is to want to be barefoot in fresh tilled dirt. They make me wear a lot of clothes otherwise I would frighten the veggies.

I hope Mark got some great photos.

Thanks, Tammy. :-)

Mark said...

Well for the most part it was a non event here. We got around six inches of snow. No big deal. However Saturday morning at around 8 or so we started getting freezing rain. So we have a nice coating of ice all over the parking lot and sidewalks.

They have not plowed here or cleaned the sidewalks. After I cleaned off the truck this morning I got my axe out broke up the ice and cleaned off a decent size area at the bottom of the stairs.

Anonymous said...

It could have been much worse; we got more sleet than rain. Let's do it again next weekend. Glad you are ok.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive