Monday, January 04, 2010

Just Monday




For the most part, I took a weekend away from the computer and net. It will most likely be my last for awhile as I plunge into taxes, federal, and state reports.
----
We had a bit of a surprise this morning; we awoke to a skiff of snow and slick roadways. It still snows, even when there is a bit of weak sunshine seeping through the overcast. The snow is to continue in flurries and showers through tomorrow with up to five inches accumulation possible. I have to go to the bank and make a deposit so the girls and one or two creditors can be paid.
----
I ended up making photos of three houses in Elizabethton yesterday, and I didn't have to get out of the car into the cold to get them. Two of them I had been intending to shoot for several years, and I happend by the flat-roofed one when I finished photographing the stone house. The one above is a very old home on the street that leads to the covered bridge which I often shoot. I will post the other two later on.
----
I watched the Dallas Cowboys whip the Philadelphia Eagles in a football game on tv yesterday. I am not a great fan of either team, but a local boy from Elizabethton is now a star player for Dallas so I do try to keep up with him. His name is Jason Witten. In the linked photo, he is #82 and is giving his hat to the nice man.

I also watched my Tennessee Lady Volunteers whip a very good Oklahoma Sooner team in women's basketball. The ladies seem to be playing somewhat better than they did just a few weeks ago when they were subdued by the Stanford Cardinal ladies.
----
Have a great Monday, everyone!
----





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely kind of wooden architecture. I think that in lilac house can live only happy people. And it has a porch. Beautiful porch.
Covered bridge ... I remember. Ken, my friend, America is fascinating.:-)

Anonymous said...

I too love the porch, and the lilac looks pretty good.

America is big, Jola, and everywhere you go it is different. I hope you someday can visit here before we mess it up so badly that it will not be worth seeing.

Thanks, my friend from the Vistula. :-)

Tammy said...

Oh, that I could convince my husband to paint my house that color. It is so whimsical! No cabbage worms must live anywhere near that house.

We are having weather dammit. This florida girl hates frost. My poor seedlings are shivering. My son thinks I am nuts as each night I drag all the trays inside and each morning when the sun comes out I rush to sit them in a ray of warmth.

good luck with tax junk. I have started assembling my papers and am preparing my ears for the onslaught of swearing from my honey.

Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

Hope you had a good Christmas and New year.

I may be a wuss, but I could live in this house and color. I am just contrary, I suppose.

By all means save the seedlings; winter cannot last forever ... can it? I've been reading about the Florida weather; bad but could be worse.

I have one Fed form I have to do this week, but it is fairly easy.

Keep the faith ...

Blog Archive