Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome to the Future

My profile banner


My Wabi-Sabi community banner


My Mysteries & Monsters community banner
Click on photos to better see details.
----------------------------
This is some of my personal stuff from the new photo site. Maggie has a lot more on her blog. With luck, the Megashot will be up and ready for the public sometime this month. Folks can make their banners as elaborate or as simple as they want. The site help section is coming together beautifully and it hand-holds us while we do whatever we need done.

The profile page is a centralized place for each person to have access to all their photos, communities, and galleries. Communities are similar to to Flickr® groups and galleries are akin to Flickr® sets. But all of them are much better, much more customizable, and easy to work with. Each member of Megashot will have their own store to sell photos, art, or aunt Gert's false teeth if they want to.

The Explore page is a dandy for people who like to have their photos anonymously rated and they can rate others work without having anyone know who it is doing the rating. From there they pick photo of the day, week, and month in several categories. Megashot is mainly a photo sharing site, but can easily be used as a social networking haven. Photos have comment boxes and it is simple to "network" with other members. We also have an internal email program for administrators and members to stay in contact with each other. We can add Youtube videos to our photos and there is a slide show, too.

I don't know my way around the site as I have not spent as much time there as I need to. But I can tell you this, it is going to be the best site for photo sharing on the web. So much and so many fun things to do.
----

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Hi
Thanks for posting this. It is a huge site. I expect people might just end up spending their time in which ever corner interests them; whether it be forums, news, communities, stores, explore, contests, viewing slideshow presentations, or their friends photostreams.

Yes, we have borrowed a few names from Flickr. I don't think they will mind. There is no better compliment than imitation. ;-}

All of the features are pretty straight forward and easy, if you simply do one thing at a time. Its very user friendly and fun.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I could write several pages about just the little I know about Megashot. Doesn't hurt to do a bit of pre-emptive advertising. I don't think Flickr is going to much notice us for awhile ... unless some big outfit buys in to Megashot. Some day though ... :-)

Thanks, Maggie.

Mark said...

Looking forward to it. Have to get out and start shooting. Falling way behind.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a photo "fix" will probably be good right now. And for me to do so, too.

Blog Archive