Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cocks, Tide, and 'Horns


Rockin' no more

Carolyn now has a sore back after her little misadventure and she will probably have to go to the doctor and have it checked. The van has very little damage it seems; it is built Ford tough. Our neighbor Mouse came over and propped up the porch corner so the tow truck could pull the van out. The tow truck driver asked Carolyn for a date. Interesting day.
----
Remember the movie The Day After Tomorrow? I think we are in it. The new ice age has begun! The temps are supposed to moderate into the lower 40's by Tuesday and it will feel tropical. Right now, it looks like we are going to have more snow. Phooey!
----
The Lady Vols begin conference play tonight with a home game with the South Carolina Gamecocks. "Gamecocks" seems a bit unusual moniker for a women's team as "cock" in this instance refers to a male fighting chicken. I suppose I will be going to the tv at 7:00pm to watch the ladies play with some diminutive cocks.
----
I love to hate the Alabama Crimson Tide football program, but I seriously hope they whip the Texas Longhorns tonight. I would like to see a lot of Texas green in the pockets of Alabama fans. The football game has very little meaning in world affairs, but it is a matter of regional pride; the South vs the Southwest; the Southeastern Conference against the Big 12 Conference; the lesser of two evils. Roll Tide!!!
----

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn seems to be temperamental person.
Why it happened? This piece of road was slippery?
Good that she is ok. :-)

Anonymous said...

Carolyn was trying to back the van out of our icy driveway and it slid into the post. Just one of life's little lessons.
Thanks, Jola. :-)

Tammy said...

Love the nickname (assuming that it is) "Mouse". And, dear sir, once a woman is past a certain age being asked out by just about anyone is VERY flattering. Please let us have our moment. I'm getting to the point that going to the grocery store is exciting as the older gentlemen who work there all know me and have to hug me. Shameless I know.

Hope Carolyn's back gets to feeling better.

Mark left for your neck of the woods this morning. I am sad to see him go. For the past 17 years I've always lived within a few minutes to a couple of hours from him and now I feel our cord stretching.

Mike gave him his leather jacket that he doesn't wear any more and I hope he can stay warm. Mark, if you read this... we already miss you.

We are supposed to have "flurries" down here tomorrow a.m. Mother Nature must not like papaya because she killed all mine, despite the precautions.

happy Friday.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn loves a lot of flattery, fer shur. Her back seems much better today, thanks.

I knew you were hurting thinking about Mark leaving and I wanted to say something to ease your trepidation but I figured it would make him feel worse. He will be ok. :-)

This weather is totally bad; I don't remember anything quite like it, and I have a very good memory.

Thanks, Tammy. (He WILL be all right) :-)

Mark said...

Well it was sad to leave Tammy and Mike on Friday morning. I am glad we made it a quick goodbye. I think we all could feel the the saddness becoming to great.

I'll be fine once I get "settled in". It may take a lit bit of time.

Once I get out and start shooting the area it will be better. I need to get up in the mountains and just kick back for a bit.

I just need to not internalize things so much. That is not an easy thing for me to do by any strecth.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling having to leave the comfortable, familiar, and loving.

It won't take long to settle in. The first thing I looked for was a decent bar to kick back in on Sunday afternoons. It usually takes awhile to find the right fit.

Mark said...

I'll get out this weekend and check out the scene a little bit.

Blog Archive