Saturday, July 18, 2009

To the market ...




Walter Cronkite: November 4, 1916 – July 17, 2009. He was a man whom I would have voted for to be president of the United States. The art and honor of of broadcast journalism died the day he retired from CBS television in 1981.
----
I rode with Carolyn to the produce markets on 107 yesterday. Would you believe $1.25 for three ears of corn? The first place (David Thompson) we stopped was sold out of ears, but we did get two sacks of potatoes and a few other goodies (I love raw potatoes). The next place was where the prices were so high she didn't buy anything, and the third place (Larry Thompson) she found some corn at three for a dollar, which is still very high. I believe she would have been better off to have gone to the farmer's market this morning when the local growers set up stands and sell their garden produce.
----
We planned to go picnicking this day atop the Roan, but the eye problems persist and I am in no mood to be in a good mood. I am dieing to get out and about with the camera; but it may be fall before I am again able to do so. Being like this is much akin to being in jail.
----
Chris has finally found another job, but it will last for only a month. Maybe she can make enough to get her car payments caught up. JJ also is supposed to go to work for the "new" Ashley furniture store when it opens next month in the old Hill's/Decorator's Warehouse building.
----
My vision is waning for today, so I will leave until tomorrow.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

redwhisk said...

Hi,

I've missed you. Hope your eyes get back to their old sparkliness soon.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kathleen.

Today isn't too bad, but it will take awhile I suppose. :-(

Blog Archive