Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dogs and Pigs

It is mid-Dog Days and time for my summer bath down at the creek. I am in a bit of a quandary this time: Should I use my regular lye soap to scrub off the crud, or can I find something else? I don't know of anything that will get my hide clean other than the mixture of lard, ashes, and lye, but seeing as how the main ingredient in the soap is rendered pig fat, I am afarid that I will contract insidious swine flu if I use it. I've stopped eating pork and I've given up my aspirations of someday being a professional football player and I will not travel in the state of Arkansas, so why should I risk my health just so I will smell a little better and my hair won't look so greasy? Modern problems they did not teach us about in school.
----
Yesterday was my worst eye day in more than a week. Trudy, a Flickr friend whom lives in England has a lot of eye problems also, and she read about my struggles. She emailed me and turned me on to an eyedrop medication called Celluvisc which seems to contain some of the stuff that makes the expensive Lacrisert inserts work. Carolyn bought a box of them at Wal-Mart and I quickly found out I cannot use them in day time but they seem to work fine a night. Thanks very much for the info, Trudy. Celluvisc sure beats trying to place a dab of ointment under my eyelids at night.
----
The Smoking Guns's Mugshots Of the Week!


No comments:

Blog Archive