Monday, July 13, 2009

A new week ... a new hope




Today is a bit better sight-wise, but nowhere near normal. Yesterday I uploaded some photos and it was the first time I had done so in a while. I cannot say if they look decent or terrible.
----
Mark, better known on the net as yankeepez, has created a new photo blog he is calling Fading America Photography. Please give his work a look-see if you have a chance. Like myself, yankeepez is very much concerned about the direction our country has taken over the past several years, but unlike my bitching and whining, he has dedicated his new blog to photos of what he considers as America in decline and he includes brief descriptions of the places and things he has seen. It is a sobering look at the nation a lot of us grew up in, and he has hope for this country, truly believing we can save ourselves.
----
I rode with Carolyn to clean the buildings yesterday, making the entire trip to Elizabethton without having to stop for any of the 10 traffic lights we had to go through. Don't tell me I have nothing to do!
----
Speaking of my bride, she and Vicky worked Saturday doing some floors and pressure washing. Humpty-dumpty Carolyn was taking trash to a dumpster when she somehow made a misstep and fell forward barking her knees, elbows, and the tops of her toes; one of her toes seems to be broken. She was sore yesterday but she hasn't complained today. Did she learn that Crocs® are not made for work in the janitorial field? No! I cannot imagine a line of work where they would be safe to wear, although they have become very popular with nurses. Give me leather or give me death! Sorry about misusing your famous quote, Mr. Patrick Henry. Sorry for using your skins on my feet, Mr. and Mrs. Cow.
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Yhank you Ken.

Anonymous said...

:-)

Blog Archive