Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shingles



Last time I was at the RA doc, I asked her if I could or should have a shingles vaccine as my regular doc advised. She thought about it for a moment, and told me not to have one until she did some more checking. She wants to find if there have been any recent studies done on the subject because the shingles shot uses the living virus and that can make the someone like myself more susceptible to having the disease. I have a suppressed immune system and so do most RA patients whom use the methotrexate drug.
----
I was hoping my eyes would be some better by now, but the symptoms wax and wane. Mornings are not too bad, but by evening I am in misery; at least they say I am miserable to be around. I know I become ill tempered when I am like this and try to stay away from people as much as possible.
----
I rode with Carolyn to do the buildings yesterday, and I had to get a shot of this green house that has fascinated me for months. I had her set the camera exposure to f/8 and let the auto-focus do its thing. I like this light.
----
I will say so long for today, and hope to "see" you tomorrow.

Blog Archive