Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pretty good day



Today has been busy since 7:00am. I've done payroll, filled various forms for various agencies and companies, got stuff ready for mailing, faxed some forms, renewed my driver's license online, ordered a supply of checks, ordered a battery for my laptop pc, and now I am blogging.
----
Does this make sense: Mortgage foreclosures rose by 15 percent in the first half of this year while one of the nations largest mortgage lenders profits rose 36 percent? More than 336k households received foreclosure-related threats in June. The money Obama placed in these bank's care for relief to stressed homeowners has apparently gone on the banks books as profit to boost stock sales. You know what? We the people are going to sit idly by and allow it to happen. Dammit, it is our money!
----
The unemployment taxes Carolyn is required to pay to the state on her employee's income has risen from .15 percent to 1.9 percent and is retro to January1, 2009. She has already paid in more than three times as much this year compared to all of 2008 on a far smaller payroll. The tax base also went from $7k cutoff to $9k on each employee.
----
From desperation, I used some 10 year out of date medicine in my eyes which has helped a lot. The drug is called Lacrisert, and is actually a small pill that looks much like a piece of spaghetti (could be?!). It is placed under the lower eyelid with a special soft plastic tool and it does a good job of relieving dry-eye symptoms. I was under the impression that they were no longer manufactured but I checked as I was writing this and they darn sure are being made; now I have to convince some doctor somewhere to write a prescription for them. I still have a few of the outdated ones, but they do not last as long (nearly all day) as they did when fresh. I believe with them and an occasional allergy pill, I can get back to doing a little something.
----
For Alice: Alan McCartt is my eye doctor's name.

----

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, My eye doctor is Scott Gentry. He took over Dr. Gaby's pratice after he passed away. I went to see him Wednesday. All is well with my eyes. He checked for several different eye diseases. I hope your eyes are doing better.
Alice

Anonymous said...

My first optometrist was Dr. Gaby. I liked him a lot. I've heard that Gentry is very good.

I also have some small cataracts, but nothing to worry about for awhile.

It may be fall before my eyes become clear again; I hope long before then.

Glad your eyes are in good shape and that you are taking care of them. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are right Dr. Gentry is very good. I like him a lot.
Alice

Blog Archive