Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thoughts


Southbound ...


No longer will I have original thoughts. At best, thinking is time consuming and can be as tiring as any other type of labor. I'm too old to put so much stress on myself, and original thinking hasn't gotten me anywhere anyhow. After busting my ass for 64 years trying to be witty and one step ahead in my thought processes, I've come to realize I am still the same ignorant hillbilly I was when I was born. See, not having a car gives me lots of time to think, and the more I think, the fewer original thoughts I have. As a matter of fact, I can't remember having one in the past 20 or so years, but I am always trying to hatch a brand new thought. What I've decided to do is to improvise.

What are thoughts? They are actually just common, ordinary, everyday, run of the mill electrons that have been assembled in a somewhat orderly fashion by a few brain cells. One thing electrons don't like to do is hang around in one place very long; they have an insatiable wanderlust. Everyone of us who think is a living radio transmitter and all our thought electrons are broadcast to the world. What I've done is devise a device to collect all these random electronic thoughts floating around. I am using an old satellite dish for catching them, and a modified Calvin's Transmogrifier to amplify and translate the incoming data to English language symbols. This data is then re-fed to the transmogrifier by my own design dual-stage reverse-osmosis filtering process where all the bits and bytes are assembled and sent to a laptop computer running specially modified Linux software that decodes and displays it for my use.

As you may be able to tell, today's entire blog was created with random thoughts originally created by billions of other people since thinking was first invented, or since 1832, whichever came first.

2 comments:

Mark said...

This kills me and then you have to mention the Transmogrifier to top it off. Glad this was someone elses thoughts

Anonymous said...

I suppose you are a fan of Calvin and Hobbes?

I still read their old strips each day. :-)

Blog Archive