Thursday, January 15, 2009

coldernhell


Sycamore


Not a lot to talk about today. It is very cold, so we bought kerosene for the portable heater in case power goes down. A lot of times power line supports will become brittle and and break at temps of zero or lower. Also, power line disconnects (jacks) on neighborhood poles will shrink so much that they will fall open thus cutting power to several homes. The good thing is we have no heavy snow weighing on the lines and tree limbs above them. Tonight and tomorrow night are supposed to be around the zero Fahrenheit mark. I have seen it more than -20ยบ here, with wind gusts of 50mph and wind chill a bit more than chilly. This stuff isn't unusual for January in this area, but that don't mean I like it or am used to it. Ya gotta be tough!
----
I got my shot today; I have no intention of going out tomorrow! I ain't tough as I used to be.
----
I hope all the taxpayer bailout money will do some good, but it is way too late for for most of the hardest affected people, and does little if anything to address the mortgage crisis. Same old same-old!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Winter is settling just a bit. It will be just above freezing in Tampa tonite. Cold for here, but not unheard of by any stretch.

I see the banks are back asking for more money. Nice of them since they wasted the first round of cash.

Anonymous said...

Hope the citrus crops go unharmed by the cold.

I have yet to hear of one Senator or Rep. that voted for the giveaway say he/she was wrong to do so. Wonder how much their take was?

Blog Archive