Thursday, January 22, 2009

A good day





Today began well and so far has gone very well. This morning I was answering some email (sorry I had to run Maggie, but melting ice waits for no man), when I saw some icicles forming on the gutter above my window. After getting my photos from the back porch, I answered some more (and very interesting) email, did some comments on Flickr, read some blogs, and now it is evening and I am tired ... but happy.
----
I finished the payroll just in the nick of time and used up the last of the checks, and now I must print some more from blank ones. I generally make a hundred at at time, and they will last for a few months. Other business bills are paid with them, too.
----
I have paid little attention to the goings-on in D.C., but the elation which a lot of people are showing both in person and on the net seems to have attached itself to me. I asked myself if I thought I could feel good about America again, and poll results are inconclusive. Part of me responded positively, part of me shook his head and said I should be cautious, and the other part proclaimed he had to go potty. I will retake the poll later and see if I can get a concensus.
----
Speaking of consensus, this is census year in the USA. If you live another 72 years, you will be able to find out the results of this years count, at least as far as naming names goes.
----
Thanks to you whom looked in on the new blog since yesterday.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

I see the republican media is already gatheringa full head of steam. They had better be careful or the backlash will be brutal. I guess they have not figured out the most Americans are sick of them and their leadership.

Anonymous said...

The voting public is very fickle; the wind can change direction at the drop of a rumor.

Blog Archive