Thursday, January 29, 2009

Economics 101 .... Propaganda 202





We received some more bad economic news today. After tomorrow, Carolyn will no longer have her second largest account, which means several hundred dollars loss of personal income each month.
----
Here is a link to a video that a contact sent me. You can watch it and make up your own mind. It seems to me it is Hebrew/Christian oriented but claiming to be non-partisan. The Bible is mentioned in the lyrics but references to other religious writings—particularly the Quoran—are conspicuously absent as is the mention of the rights of people whom do not have or want a religion. Crap like that is what got America into the shape it is right now, but we seem to never learn from past mistakes and are always looking for some higher being to haul our asses out of trouble. The last higher being we had was named George W. Bush; what did he do for America?
----
Screw it; I'm going to go write some more on my latest story. Hope you like it.
----

3 comments:

Mark said...

The Born Again American video is very interesting. Overall I have to say thumbs up. I do wish they left bible out of the lyrics and still had all the preachers in the video. I think if many people see the video and do not check out the website they would think that overall it was based on Christian Conservative leanings and I am sure that is not what was intended.

Mark said...

What a minute I take back my last sentence. They want the Christian Conservative feel to the video. It would hold more appeal to me if it did not have religious overtones. I still like it, as it is well done. Take religion out of politics please.

Anonymous said...

I think it is just more right-wing Christian propaganda. They brought Norman Lear aboard because of his high profile as a liberal, but also for his money, plus the fact he has a lot of influence in the American Jewish community.

It isn't all bad; in fact, a lot of it is good, but anytime something like this glaringly leaves out minorities, it raises a red flag in my brain. Hell, I am a minority. I am disabled; I am anti-organized religion, and I am a liberal.

A little better mix of peoples and withdrawal of the religious overtones and this would be a great song.

Besides, I don't trust any group of people who decides what is best for my way of life.

Blog Archive