Friday, January 16, 2009

coldernhell numer dwa


Growth and decay


It got cold; it is cold; it will be cold; then it will snow. There used to be an old saying that when it is this cold, it is too cold to snow. In 1970, I found out that saying was bullshit! Working on the rooftop of an eight story building with the temp at minus two degrees and a cold wind blasting up the Holston Valley, up my britches leg, and through the crack of my ass taught me to take less stock in the wisdom of my elders. It snowed, it snowed hard, and the color of the snow was bluish looking as it pelted my carcass. Yep! The blue snow was flying! That was another old saying that I had not put much stock in but it proved to be true. My apprentice and I wrapped ourselves in plastic over our coveralls, taped our pants legs, and still we could not stand more than a few minutes at a time on the outside. Those were the good old days, the days when one becomes philosophical of mind and asks the wind 'what the hell am I doing here; is this my purpose in life; will my karmic star shine brighter in the heavens for enduring this?'. The wind just moans and nips harder at your balls (or whatever you ladies have that is nippable).
----
I believe I am the only human alive that has allergies when the winter is coldest. My pink eye is glowing like a cinder and suppurating like a sore-eyed cat; I am stuffy and sniffling; I can barely hear from my "good" ear!
----
Circuit City is closing all stores and quitting business.

I've come to the point where I think there no "fix" for this economic mess; I believe it will eventually have to correct itself. We are in too deep for any more money being tossed at it to help overall. Some things can be done to alleviate the problems for some people, but the majority of folk are up the creek. It will be a good thing if Citigroup and a few more big financial conglomerates go under. These people are the main burden on our economic society; not the people that have to work and pay for it all. Of course, if these corporations go under, people with retirement investment accounts will get hit very hard, but they knew the stock market was and is nothing more than a legal way to gamble and they lost their stakes. Tough cookies; I don't feel I should pay for their ignorance or stupidity or both. I had opportunities to buy into the market, but instead I squandered my bit of cash on trinkets. I still have my trinkets and they still have some tangible worth; had I invested in Wall Street paper, I would have something with which to wipe my ass.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

Well I may have to go to Circuit City and see what a decent size monitor will run me.

They have been in trouble for years now so I am not surprised.
30,000 people of out jobs, ouch that really hurts. The other bad thing is now Worst Buy has no competition. I used Worst Buy to do research but I have always disliked them. I have a few instances of crappy customer service there so they do not get my dollars.

Anonymous said...

Yrs, I know.
We've had bad service from both CC and BB.

I now buy all my computer stuff online from Amazon, New Egg, J&R, or Tiger Direct. I do the looking ahead of time at BB, CC, Sears, or Office Depot.

Blog Archive