Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just a Saturday in winter


Click and view large


I very much regret the passing of one of the great college coaches of all time. Kay Yow fought and survived breast cancer for more than 20 years. Please read more about her in the AP article.
----
Not much today. Took Carolyn to Lowe's to buy bird food. Finches are eating a feeder full of thistle seed each day, and just a few pounds of it costs nearly $15. The flying rats had better pose for me this spring! We went on to Office Depot and bought a chair mat for my desk as the old one is broken to pieces.

One of my Flickr contacts whom lives nearby posted a photo of a male robin today and I am trying to find out from him if it is a recent shot. I was at the park yesterday and wild onions are definitely growing and poking through the snow. Dandelions won't be far behind.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive