Friday, January 30, 2009

Arrogance


Oil sheen from the Exxon-Valdez oil spill a few
days after the disaster occurred (NOAA photo)

----

If you already feel a bit queasy, do not follow this link because it may completely nauseate you and cause you to hurl on your monitor. The arrogance of these sons-of bitches! This is the same company that presented us with the Exxon-Valdez accident unplanned disaster (unplanned but foreseen) 20 years ago come March. The mess is still not cleaned up from maritime Alaska, and we as taxpayers are still footing the biggest part of the monetary bill for all of it. The wildlife, including plants and animals along the shores and in the sea, are paying an even heavier price; their lives.
----
More good economic news here.
----
Mr. Obama has been on the job for 10 days, and so far so good. The key phrase here is "on the job"; 10 days after G.W. Bush was elected he had already taken two weeks paid vacation.
----
Obama says he is appalled at the big bonuses corporate chiefs are getting via the bailout. Well sir, it seems you and your Republican opponent at the time (I can't even remember his name) broke all kinds of speed records getting back to Washington to vote for what will end up being a One Trillion Dollar (or more) giveaway so this could happen. $crew you, Mr. President; you are just another politician at your core value$.
----
The story I have been working on is finished in 1st draft (I will put it on Lord Bubbha as soon as I do a bit of polishing), and now I'm in a quandary; should I let it stand as is, or try to work a complete novel around it. I haven't received any comments pro or con about it, so I will probably make a short story of it. If anyone that doesn't have an invite to read my writing blog wants such, let me know and if I like you I will send you an invite.
----
If these stupid American anti-marijuana laws were repealed, the United States could save billions of tax payer dollars and thousands of lives each year. The laws are a farce and a hypocrisy, plus a slap in the face of individual freedom, and folks, that freedom is the basis of our constitutional law!

Of course, it does give the local black-boots something to crow about every few years.
----
Just got back from getting my weekly fix. It is cold, windy, and unsettled outside, and is snowing even in bright sunshine.
----
Here is what you all have been waiting for: The Smoking Gun's Mug Shots of the Week. This is a special edition of ladies of the evening from Tampa, Florida where Super Bowl Roman numeral something-or-other is to be contested come Sunday.
----
Peace!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thr Valdez thingbpisses me off. Just fix it you slimebags. Like they can not affford it and have no responsiblitiy, what a load of crap.

If will be interesting to see what a cluster f this new package becomes. I say give the money to the people. Jon Stewart said give the money to the people so we can pay off mortgages, car loans and credit card loans. That way the money would trickle up to the banks. Me thinks a good idea.

Invite me.

Free the weed. :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Obama likes living in public housing?

The package will end up doing nothing but easing the pain for the ones who are not hurting real bad. The rest of us will be on our own.

Invite sent.

"Puff the Magic Dragon" needs his freedom.

Blog Archive