Friday, January 02, 2009

Let the tax season begin




Today I began doing preparatory work for last year's income taxes. Doing taxes for a sole-proprietor are not easy, even after all the needed documents and figures have been been assimilated. I just completed estimating Carolyn's business income, but will have to wait until all the 1099's come in before I am sure of the amount. It looks to be at least $16k less than last year, and I estimate that will come to a net profit loss of about $6k from 2007, or $500 per month. Monday I will do the employees W-2 forms which are her largest deduction total, and I should know from that how fast I want to proceed with form filling and filing. I seldom file before April 12, because we usually are within a few hundred bucks of break even.
----
I hope to get out tomorrow to shoot some pics; haven't been off this place but two times since Christmas day. A short trip to Greeneville and the Davy Crockett dam area is planned, but my shooting plans seldom come to fruition. I hope to have the Escape back, but don't look for it before Sunday.
----
Last night was another of little sleep; daylight was seeping around curtains before I finally dozed. I was up and at the computer twice, and even turned the tv on for a few minutes. Aging is a strange phenomena, and today, I feel very, very old. A touch of springtime such as we had Saturday last would alleviate much of my rectal-optimitis (shitty outlook). At the present, the sky is pissing ice pellets.
----
Have you noticed the length of daylight hours increasing? Of course not; but by the 20th day of this month you should be able to see longer evening light. Extended morning light will take a little longer. It all means that on February 1st, I will begin my annual robin watch. The birds time their migratory patterns by lengthening light and not by temps. I had to wait a long time to see a returning robin last year; March 7, in fact. Hopefully I will sight some before that late date this year.
----
Hot off the presses is The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!!!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

I'll send you some aspirin for your tax headache relief. It must be a nightmare to figure out that mess.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, mark. :-)))
It is a painful mess with all the regulations one must go through to keep ol' sugar happy. :-)

Blog Archive