Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bits and bites


An island

Today is much like spring; warm, a few showers, and some feel-good sunshine mixed in. More rain and even some snow flurries are called for next week. It should be a lovely spring when it does arrive. I like it!
----
Economic cutbacks are rampant; our area is losing most of the few manufacturing jobs it had left. Bush Hog Corp. is shutting down for two weeks and the probability of reopening at all are slim. Auto-parts makers are trimming jobs. To alleviate this mess, I hope we don't have to get into another world war like our parents and grandparents had to endure. Such could be starting with Israel and the Hezbollah.
----
I am in the process of going through photos I made over the past year to see if any are fit to post on Flickr. Overall, last year was a pretty good one for me and photography. Anytime I can get into the mountains is good, and I enjoyed shooting at Vanessa's wedding in June. Although I don't have a big city to shoot in, there is plenty to be seen in the rural areas, and I've only touched part of five counties so far, plus a bit of North Carolina. I'm going back to Greeneville and then on into Hawkins County later on, and S.W. Virginia is on my to do list.
----

4 comments:

Mark said...

It was beautiful here today. Basically a perfect day.

It is interesting going back through old pictures and reviewing them down the road. The critical eye changes a bit over time.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until your and my photography will be acclaimed alongside the grrrreats! :-)

Mark said...

I can't either. I think I am going to take a six week class starting at the end of Feb. One three hour class a week. It is for beginners and I need that because my technical skills, apeture and shutter settings is very poor. I have a mental block when it comes to technical things like that.

Anonymous said...

Good idea.
Controlling depth of field is a challenge even for professional photographers. I still have trouble with hyperfocal distance, especially on these new dslrs where the aperture is is changed by a camera control instead of an aperture ring on the lens.

Blog Archive