Friday, February 01, 2008

For anyone interested, I have a new blog just for photos that may or may not show up on Loose Laces and Flickr. http://loosepics.blogspot.com/ There is also a link on the side bar.
----
A beautiful young woman asked me to meet her this evening; sorry Nessa, but something has come up and I won't be able to make it. Another time, for sure.

That hurts! To be asked out by one so lovely and young; a sweet girl I've admired since I first met her more than thirty years ago, and then revel all week long in anticipation of a beautiful date; there is no justice in this world. Or is there? My karma sucks.
----
Had to drive out W. Walnut street a few minutes ago, and I noticed the ornamental dogwood buds along the way are swelling. Either they are anticipating spring, or they have allergies the same as my eyes. I hope they don't freeze like the ones did last year in March's mini ice age.
----
Speaking of last March, it was the last time I had a haircut. If I can hold off 'til this March, I shall have it cut! I haven't shaved since early October, so I suppose when the weather begins warming and I begin sweating, it too will come off. I'm not talking about a wimpy goatee or chin whiskers or a partial beard; mine is full blown hillbilly, snow white, and would look great with some tobacco juice stains around my mouth. Perhaps some Skoal® or Beechnut® browning would be perfect. Anyway—being conceited—I'll make a final photo of myself before shearing time, and display it in a prominent place. Someone besides me is bound to appreciate it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't able to make it Friday evening, but then again neither was I. The sickness bug has once again landed on my home! GO AWAY and BUG someone else I'm tired of being sick!!! :) :) :)

I hated missing our meeting as well, but we shall try again in two weeks. Hopefully by then everyone will be well and healthy. Love the picture with the hair - reminds me of the younger days - a little lighter now, but then again - so is mine. :) :) :)

Have a wonderful week! I hope you and Carolyn are doing wonderfully in this beautiful month of February! Nessa >:D<

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nessa. Hope y'all are getting well. Maybe we can meet up in a while.

Did you know it was 34 years ago this month when your dad and I started hanging out? You were living in the apartment off University Parkway, but you won't remember back that far.

Kids keeping mom straight?

Blog Archive