Saturday, February 16, 2008

Feeling bad again today. Third straight Saturday with the same malady striking. Had plans for a photo adventure into the deep wilderness of Jonesborough, but I suppose I will have to sit here and try to breathe. So far, prescriptions, prayers, pills, potions, and poultices haven't done any good.

There is one thing common to Saturdays that may be causing my problem; Friday's methotrexate injections. I've been taking these shots for many years, and haven't had a problem with them. Things, change however, and I as I get older, none of the changes seem to be for the good. If the doctor takes me off the injections, I'm as good as dead because I will be bedridden, and I made up my mind many years ago that I was not going to tolerate any lengthy bed stays for illness. There has to come a time when one assesses the value of his own life. We have no control over the beginning and early years of our existence, but we certainly do have some physical and complete moral control over the we live and the way we choose to end it, barring unforeseeable calamities such as accidents.
----
On top of all that, I have to resume working on income tax. I wistfully wish the US had a flat rate income tax, but it will never happen. With such a system, the wealthy would carry the largest burden of taxes, and it is how it should be. It won't make them poor, and it won't make the middle class rich. What it will be is fair, and that is why it won't happen; the upper class rule this country with an iron wallet, and the system is so set in place with our "free market" economy that only something very drastic will change it.
----
Feeling better now. Maybe I'll slide by this time so I can put the hari-kiri knife away for the time being.
----
Still haven't seen my first spring robin.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive