Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I went out last evening and made a photo of the moon. That wasn't abnormal for me, but what was different was when I looked at the pic on the computer, the moon was blue. Man, that only happens once in a blue moon. It was due to wispy cloud cover, and I figured it would come out thusly. I shot one on film back in the 80s that turned out blue on a print.
----
Cold this morning, yet verging on spring. Still, no robin for me; but I keep looking.
----
Isn't today just the greatest day ever? Of course it is; it is the last time we will ever see it and there shall never be another like it. Enjoy it as long as you may because tomorrow is only a future memory, but today is extant.
----
Time to start thinking about a trip to the creek and a springtime cleansing of the skin. Damn, I like getting naked in the woods. It is odd seeing so much water in the streams; the ongoing drought had them to a trickle. I must also cut my whiskers and hair. When March arrives, it will be six months since last I shaved, and a full year ere scissors were laid to my locks. A narcissistic photo is called for before trimming back to the real world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ken just poped by to see loose laces and to check up on how you are i wish i had the nerve to let my hair grow long its fairly long now and fortunatly with no bald spots but i cut it at the front only because i worry what my customers think .we went out walking on sat and sunday the catkins are out a sure sign of spring (photo on flicr)i wish you had an slr to telephoto your birds as you mentioned on one of your pics but you do a great job with the camera you are using . i liked your words on today being a good day and making the best of it as it wont be here again its funny but that had been in my mind as well all week .the birds are very active in the garden lately we get a good assortment as we live nearby woodlands wrens , robins ,finches etc .hope your robin returns soon take care from john and milly

Anonymous said...

Hi, John and Milly.
The hair isn't too bad to take care of as long as I keep it trimmed out of my eyes. The beard is like a bramble thicket; growing in all directions. I can see where you would rather please your customers rather than your vanity.
I don't do a lot of wildlife shots, not even back in the 80s when I had a long lens for my Nikon SLR. I'll get by with the little Canon point-and-shoot... at least for a while.
Spring is popping, thou slowly.

Blog Archive