Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thoughts

From the How Come dept.:

How come when I stop at the grocery store with Carolyn, and she goes in to pick up an item or two, it takes her 30 minutes to do her thing? Other people go in after she does and return with a cart full of groceries from all over the store long be fore she comes out with her one or two items.
But wait...
She never comes out with just one or two items she went in to get! No! She also comes out with a cart full of stuff from all over the store, and half the time she forgot to get what she went after to begin with. Worse yet, a lot of the items she buys are not needed; things like candy and cookies and something "new and improved" and items "on sale". No wonder I'm putting on the pounds.

Carolyn is a merchant's best friend; she is a compulsive shopper.

However I did ask her to get some Girl Scout cookies yesterday; I like their shortbread cookies. The photo is not an advertisement from Girl Scouts of the USA. It was made by me. The items were arranged on my desk and the photo was taken with my Canon point-and-shoot camera mounted on a tripod. the background was deleted and redone with a gradient fill. I didn't have to get out of my chair to do this. That may be another reason I'm putting on weight; trifling L.A.Z.Y!
----
Get your cookies and information @: www.girlscoutcookies.org
----
For supper last, Carolyn made spaghetti. She doesn't make it often, and this time her sauce turned out a little thin but tasted superb; her best effort ever. The house was filled with the aroma of fresh pounded garlic, and her crusty bread was great. I have life too good... it takes great effort on my part to not tell her how much she is loved and appreciated.
----
Yesterday wasn't quite as crappy as I let on....

No comments:

Blog Archive