Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Charles Darwin

Charles Darwin
February 12, 1809—April 19, 1882
A scientist in the truest sense...
----
Don't you wish I was still sick, Alice. Hardy-har!
----
Today was Abe Lincoln's birthday.
----
The Reverend Donald Strother died yesterday ... I will not miss him. His legacy of religious deceit and moral bigotry still plagues this once progressive town. He was the lead spokesman for an "outraged community" that blocked Marilyn Manson from appearing in JC. With that self righteous move, he and his kind dealt a death blow to Freedom Hall's music concerts. Rock bands won't even consider JC for appearances, and about all that is left for the venue is rodeos, of which he approved. The needless torture of animals is all right in the name of God. This rat hole of a town and community needs to die a slow, lingering, and painful death. It is happening.
----
Drove over to Fall Branch this morning and picked up some surplus supplies and equipment. I got a couple of photos of the chimneys of the old farm mansion which some cretin burned to the ground summer last. We drove on into Greene County, where I was fortunate to find a very pretty water fall along the road. Didn't get a photo, as there was no place nearby to park. Will try to go back next weekend with Carolyn driving and maybe I can get a shot.
----
Worked on an important bid this afternoon. Hope she can get this job because we desperately need it. The economic recession has caused her to lose a lot of work as services such as hers are the first things to get cut back during hard times. This is the worst it has ever been.
----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I don't wish you were still sick. I remember when Don Strother came to visit Fred and mewhen we lived in the apartments. Fred and Don had a lively discussion and Fred said to me if you go to his church I will never go with you. He liked the pastor at Southwestern and attended ever now and then. I never went back to Don's church. I guess God wanted me at southwestern. Alice

Anonymous said...

I was kidding Alice. I know you wish me no ill.
I just never did like Strother's looks; he looked sneakin'.

Blog Archive