Friday, February 08, 2008

I placed a few more photos on Loose Pics.
----
I didn't sleep well last night, but at least I did that well. On such nights, I have visions—not like the the ones Jerry Falwell had—of concepts and words; worlds of concepts and galaxies of words. I don't necessarily think of things to blog, but mostly erratic pieces of the work of real authors whose work I have read, and pieces of stories I need to write. Therein lies a problem; I am not a gifted writer. I am an old electrician and ne'er do well whom tries to over achieve. Sometimes though, a gem of an idea will form as words and concepts momentarily align in front of my mind's insatiable eye. Part of an idea for a story, or maybe even a poem if I'm lucky, came to me like a head rush sometime during the early morning.

As usual, it is based on a part of my past life, but not so far gone this time; in fact it concerns some happenings in my life over the past year or so. I've wanted to try my hand at a detective story, a whodunnit type thing, and I believe this will be the perfect plot for me. As of now, it is till a concept and pitifully shy of words. But, the seed has been sown and we shall see if I am a good enough thinker and writer to nurture it and eventually reap the reward of acceptable prose. If I do pull it off, it should be adequate to finally have a full book of short stories. A small publisher has already agreed to commit a book into print if I can put enough stories, quality essays, and poems together.
----
As for ideas to use for this blog, it is usually written on a spur of the moment thing. That's one reason it most times makes little sense. Sometimes I go back and read stuff I wrote here a year or more ago, and it is embarrassing, and even more nonsensical than the stuff I write now. I should have stayed with pulling wires through conduits!
----
Bonne nuit, y'all!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Well! Wow... a small publisher has committed to putting one of your books of short stories into print.... oh man, that IS exciting.

You are ON YOUR WAY. Your writing is far better than you give yourself credit for.

all the best of luck

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie. It is far from a done thing because I am a lifelong victim of Murphy's Law. I appreciate your vote of confidence. :-))
Ken

Blog Archive