Saturday, February 02, 2008

Rambling

Grover Groundhog is fortunate; after seeing his shadow this morning, he will be able to hibernate six more weeks. On the other hand, we humans must go about our daily affairs and be bombarded with political garbage during that time. "Super Tuesday" is coming next week, and I'm so sick of the lies. Another bad is the leap year curse; an extra day for campaigning. A year in which we should be celebrating an extra day of life is dirtied by politics. I wish someone less human was running for president. Now I'm mad again.
----
The local rag is touting an article about certain area preachers whom are proponents of evolutionary science and creationism merrily walking hand in hand. They are to have an "Evolution Weekend" on February 10. Horse hockey! The fact of evolution and the myth of religion are too far apart to be even remotely compared. Now I'm even madder.
----
I read that Microsoft has made an offer to buy Yahoo. If it comes to be, it will pretty well end my relationship with Flickr. Microsoft has managed to screw up everything it touches and I have tried to distance myself from the behemoth as much as possible. In fact, if it wasn't for one piece of business software I need, I would use Linux exclusively.
---
Became very ill this afternoon ... feeling a little better tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken
I do hope you are feeling better today. Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice. Hope to be back to my ornery self by tomorrow,

Blog Archive