Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good morning everyone!

You know what the morning red sky means? Sailor take warning. In our case, it is supposed to rain.
----
Time! The one thing each of has just enough of to live a life in. I think it is wild how we try to put our own stamp on time by using arbitrary measurements. The cosmos could care less as it is all there is and is itself timeless in the sense that it probably began and it may end.

People have tried using the bible to measure the age of earth and time, when it really doesn't matter. If it was important, God would have said so. The importance is that it happened.

A person's life is measured in years which is actually meaningless except to insurance companies. The things our lives should be measured in are our deeds, both good and bad.

I believe a life of loving and caring, giving and forgiving, and being at peace with one's self is a higher level of existence than a life of selfish indifference, greed, grudges, and forever seeking a meaning of being. Life isn't "I"; it is "we".
----
My morning began with a few sunrise photos, ones I generally bypass due to lazing in bed. Carolyn took her van for a warranty repair, and I followed along in the Escape. After picking her up, I drove to the lake at Devault bridge to see if any photos of note may be taken. Not much there, so we stopped at McWhacks for breakfast, and as usual, they got our order wrong. I do not like cheese on my sausage and egg biscuit; I try to be good to my cholesterol.
----
I've had eye allergies the past two days. As Bro Hill once exclaimed upon seeing me like this, "Shoe, you look like an old sore-eyed cat".

No comments:

Blog Archive