Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I've added a few more photos to Loose Pics. Link on sidebar -->.
----
About a month ago, Chris was visiting a local pet store when she was attacked by an uncaged cockatoo. It grabbed her hand in its beak and began twisting flesh. She wound up at the emergency room where she was treated and filed a police report. As of today, the wound has not healed. She asked me what I thought she should do. I told her to ask a lawyer, hoping a letter from him to the pet shop owner might get her medical expenses paid. There is more to this, but I cannot comment at the present.
----
Speaking of lawyers, after the accident at TI that I wrote about yesterday, a lawyer acquaintance wanted me to allow him to file a lawsuit on my behalf against Texas Instruments. I told him no, that TI was not to blame. He said they were indirectly and directly at blame. Still, I refused. One problem with this country now is lawsuits over mere inconveniences. No lawsuit would have restored my hearing, and money would have done nothing but bought beer. I do have at least a tiny conscience, and a smattering of human pride.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive