Monday, November 12, 2007

This is a photo of a section of the little park where I've been taking a lot of my recent photos. My house is just over the hill on the left side.

...........................................

I am slowly battening down for dreaded winter. I've a terrible case of the blues and can't-help-its.

For the first time in many years, I hope we have some snow. Mom Nature, if you are reading this, moderation please. Don't dump on me all winter long.

I guess I'll go to Wally World and pick up a new pair of long johns; just in case the power goes off for an extended period. I don't have any red ones.... I will want ones with the back flap so that all of me won't get cold when I have to go.

I'll load up on kerosene this weekend; we use lamps and a heater that require such. My grandma used to call it coal oil. As a child, I would try to imagine people squeezing a lump of coal 'til the oil dripped out.

.......................................................

Have a safe and happy journey, Robin.

2 comments:

redwhisk said...

Well, part of that sounds good to me. ;-) I don't eat meat and other animal stuff. Just vegies and fruits and grains. So, this year I'm fixing a chicken for Scott and Kelly. And, I'm making roasted vegies, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, salad, sweet potatoes with whisky (mmmm), and some rolls. We'll have a berry pie for desert. Should be good and fun - cept for the chicken part. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You not eating meat doesn't surprise me either. For some reason, most of my online female friends are vegetarians. Most of my male friends will eat anything as long as it can't outrun them.
I suppose you owe us some thanks. If not for we carnivores, the world would be overrun with cows and pigs.
The sweet potatoes and whiskey sounds good, together or otherwise.

Blog Archive