Wednesday, November 28, 2007

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/umedia/20071128/cp.442ea683be0cfd78a2d555a804029554

The link above is to the comic strip in case you can't see this one well.

............................................

I like comic strips. Presently, Over the Hedge is my favorite. I also like Pearls Before Swine, Bob the Squirrel, Close to Home, Herman, Gasoline Alley, Shoe, and several more. Ones that I like but are no longer produced are Bloom County, Calvin and Hobbes, and the all time greatest, Pogo, drawn and written by my mentor and hero, Walt Kelly.

........................................

I like Christmas music, as long as it isn't overly religious. My favorite is Deck us all with Boston Charlie, and I've included the lyrics for you music lovers and poetry buffs.


Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo!

Don't we know archaic barrel,
Lullaby Lilla boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don't love Harold,
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Polly wolly cracker n' too-da-loo!
Hunky Dory's pop is lolly gaggin' on the wagon,
Willy, folly go through!

Donkey Bonny brays a carol,
Antelope Cantaloup, 'lope with you!
Chollie's collie barks at Barrow,
Harum scarum five alarum bung-a-loo!

As sung and played by the The Okefenokee Orchestra and Perloo Society.

.................................................

What you all want ol' Santy to bring you for Christmas? If you tell me, I can make sure he knows, because I am a personal friend and confidant of his.

No comments:

Blog Archive