Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hillary

Will you vote for Hillary if she is the Democratic candidate? The biggest problem I have with her is the same I have for the rest of them: Don't do anything you will have to pay for at the next election. She was one of the first to jump on the Bush/Cheney war wagon, and now says it was a mistake and she was misled. I knew it was a mistake and I wasn't misled. I didn't like the Iraqi dictatorship, but it was obvious that Saddam wasn't in bed with Osama. It was pretty convincing that Iraq didn't have WMDs. If anyone whom supported the invasion of a sovereign nation and overthrow of a stable government had looked into the situation just a little bit, they would have seen the present turmoil coming. But no one noticed the the foil for the plot; Iran and its religion based government ready to pounce on any instability in the region, and allies like Russia, China, and even France (covertly) willing to back them with money, weapons, and words. Iran's oil is important enough to these pathetic regimes that they will conduct morally reprehensible acts to curry favor of the ayatollahs and their puppet government.

Vote for whomever you wish, but I suggest you carefully think about what you are getting yourself, your family, and the remnants of this once proud nation into. If it comes down to voting for the lesser of evils, make sure you are fully aware of the things the president of the United States is capable of.

I swore after the last presidential election that I would never vote again, and I didn't waste a ballot last year. Unless I find a non-politician running and advocating my social and moral beliefs, I will hold to my oath.

End of sermon.

2 comments:

redwhisk said...

Ah, Ken. You can dream but a non-political politician is an oxymoron. This cynical one says that it ain't gonna happen, not in my life nor yours. But then being politically aware during the 60s and 70s tends to make one cynical.
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

So true, Kathleen. You saw my words for what they are. I guess the biggest thing that peeves me about the system is the "electoral college". I believe it to be archaic, undermining the basic right to vote for a candidate.

Post election, voters are no more than road kill anyway.

Blog Archive