Friday, November 09, 2007

Singing

You are correct, C. Flickr has slowed somewhat. I think after all the Halloween excitement, folks are taking a break. Halloween probably is the best holiday for fun photos. I've already begun "modifying" old photos to post during the dreary days of winter.

....................................

I found a small elastic bandage to cover my shameful zit, and tonight is karaoke night at the pub. If I go there this evening, I plan to be a participant and not a mere wall flower. I've been practicing Hank William's Your Cheating Heart, or "Yore Cheatin' Heart" as it sounds when he sings it. I will also don my best falsetto and do It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels by Kitty Wells. It was the first feminine protest song I ever heard, I reckon.

I won't stay long at the bar, though. I have an inclination to over do it with the suds and then try to drive. And when I do, I think I have to stop by and see everybody I know, which leads to more imbibing. Last time I did such foolishness to a big extent was 25 years ago. I passed out while driving, went through a fence and into a pond. Man, did I sober up fast! I was driving the old four-wheel drive Ford, and that machine would go anywhere, including getting my sorry ass out of the pond before the law arrived. I spent about an hour on round-about routes before sneaking home. Lesson learned before anyone got hurt!

....................................

Stopped by the juke joint for a few minutes this evening, but I sang not one stanza; the place was packed. I managed to get a couple of beers, but couldn't get close enough to the bar to pay for them. That's ok, though; I've had a tab with them for more than thirty years. Sony knows he'll get paid.

...................................

The photo is my second attempt at using Orton effect.

No comments:

Blog Archive