Monday, November 05, 2007

A Cat's Tail

It has been two weeks since I last shaved, nearly a month since last I bathed, and about eight months since getting a hair cut. I may be scroungy looking, odoriferous, and morally bankrupt, but I feel good. Would I feel as good if I were clean shaven, my body soaked in soapy water each day, and of high moral character? No! being a hippy is as much a state of mind as of bodily appearance. And I am as hip as it gets. Is this an act to garner attention? No! I am the last person that would be vain enough to want more attention than what I get. I have tried to be low profile all my life, and will continue to be so inclined. I am not a "type A" personality. I don't go in public unless it is a have-to cause; I don't like crowds.

Why do I write this pitiful blog if I don't want attention? Once upon a time, I had a mini-stroke that left me slightly dyslexic. I have left-right confusion in writing unless I practice often. Even with daily writing, sometimes it takes forever to to prepare a legible paragraph. It is why I've slowed my short story writing to a crawl. So, whomever reads this is reading therapy and nothing more.

The affliction hasn't affected my ability to read, however. I've been able to read and comprehend 500 to 700 words per minute since about the seventh grade.

.........................................................................................................

Someone whom got some new artist tools for her birthday is just impressing the hell out of me with her work. She has always been very good, but she seems to have moved to another level with her drawing. Keep the relaxed intensity going; your talent is bursting out all over.

No comments:

Blog Archive